Friday, January 05, 2007

One Mystery Solved!

Remember when I said my Evil Twin had been shopping and I had no idea what she had bought? Well, it came today.
This mixed lot of Valley Yarns Shelburne. Very soft pastels--pink, blue, green, rose, red, and white. Gee, I wish she had at least left me a note as to what she expects me to do with this!
Wouldn't that have been sporting?? Simon thinks so!
Of course, he also thinks he's much cuter than the yarn. I have to agree. Right here--this pose--is the reason I have to keep the shredder unplugged unless I'm sitting right here. He thinks it's a great perch. He's also been known to turn it on.
I don't want to shred even one hair of his lovely fur coat, so I keep the shredder off.
Check that paw action! Does this boy know how to pose, or what?
Anyway, there was more in the mystery package.
Lots more.
This stuff:

Classic Elite Wings. In pink... PINK!!! I so don't knit with pink!
Well, I guess ET has other plans for me, wouldn't you say? The other yarn in this container is another of ET's impulse buys, Berocco Cotton Twist from elann.com. At least it's a pretty ice blue. I can actually think of something I would make (and wear) in this color. I think maybe ET is searching for her inner girly-girl. I just wish she'd do it with her OWN credit cards!

Simon says, feed me!

I have made a very startling realization. I'm sure this will come as no surprise to anyone else, but it was a shock to me. Here it is: I can only knit on one thing at a time!~
That's right. No matter how many WIPs or UFOs I have in process at any given time, I can only have my hands on one at a time.
No wonder I make such slow progress!
Next, I will probably start to figure out that it's impossible for me to knit while washing dishes, or folding laundry, or doing any number of other necessary but excessively boring chores. Why, yes, Simon, I also can't knit and feed cats simultaneously.
This kind of amazing insight will, I'm sure, serve me well. At least I can post and shred old bills at the same time. I think I'm going to go put a log in the fireplace and sit and knit and watch the news. Or maybe I'll just have a glass of wine. After all, I've done some heavy-duty thinking here!
(Note: I also did a pretty fair amount of heavy lifting today, as we got in lots of new books and changed out some displays. Book-hefting has to be good exercise!)

8 comments:

Lady Misty Morn said...

Looks like ET was thinking of the bugs when she took over and ordered yarn. You could make some lovely Fair Isle sweaters for the Bugs.

catsmum said...

why in the name of all that is holy did you buy PINK???
btw Sophie's habit of sitting on/turning on the scanner/photocopier is why it's also unplugged.

Debbi said...

Um, I love pink. I'm secretly only seven years old, and it's my favorite-est color in the whole world! So if you don't want it, I'll use my whole year's allowance and buy it from you. I'd hate for any pink yarn to go to waste. Heh.

Also? Simon looks exactly like my late Bandit, only younger. What a sweetie!

Cindy G said...

Simon is gorgeous (but Chucky the Fruit Bat made me laugh out loud)
Thanks for stopping by at "Baxterknits". The cat on books pic is a free clip art sample that Dover Publishing sent, so I'd say it's fair game and you would be welcome to copy it (it really is a cute one.)

Madge said...

Most excellent stash enhancement!

My ET is a Tokyo tween who's crazy about amigurami, Hello Kitty and *pink*. So I'm lovin' the girly girl colors. (but you're right - you so don't know with pink - ET strikes!)

Anonymous said...

Yarny goodness -- yay! And cat photos -- double yay!! (enough with the exclamation points already) Simon is one handsome cat, yup, yup.

CatBookMom said...

Simon is indeed gorgeous, and so photogenic. Thanks for the feline eye candy! I've been pleased with the Valley yarns I've worked with, so I hope you are as well. One caution about the Berroco Cotton Twist - it is the splittiest yarn I've worked with, and some are the fuzz-in-your-eyelashes fine gauge, which often can't be worked back into the stitch. Enjoy the new yarns!

And not-so-BTW, I have the same problem, only two hands and can't multi-knit. So frustrating!

Anonymous said...

Simon is lovely!

Wow, and I wonder who your evil twin is? Like my evil twin, it is a good thing these twins don't get their heads together and really get into trouble at Webs. Great selection. (VEG)

translated: Very Evil Grin