Monday, January 08, 2007

This n' That

This is a square for NETA's afghan, which went into the mail this morning. The square, not the afghan! It's hard to see the pattern, but it's the Little Shells pattern that I used for Garrett's green blankie. The long tails are deliberately left in, to help with the joining. I wish I could be at the joining party this weekend, in NH! Unfortunately, I'm still here in CA.
Sigh.

Oh well. Next up is another lousy picture, this one of the beginnings of a scarf for the Grandcarrot. He's got a trip to Cold Country coming up and doesn't have a scarf! Imagine it!

So, Memere to the alert! This is a baby-sized version of the Irish Hiking Scarf. Why not? D3 says I keep wishing we were Irish--well, if my brother's research keeps going in the direction it's headed, it may turn out that we are, in fact, some percentage of Irish instead of Scottish.
I know, it really makes a lot of difference... still. Baby is going to get an Irish Crawling Scarf. Since he's not old enough to walk yet, let alone hike!

The box is almost ready to send off, but first we need to remove one item, which isn't being sent.
The box contains a couple of shawls for the Shawl Ministry at St. B's in CT. I think Simon just wants to send them off with an extra little soupcon of love!

Finally, here's The Boy with his new haircut. Cute or what?

That's it for today. I think.

2 comments:

Madge said...

I'm all for keeping the grandcarrots of the world warm enough - and what better way than an Irish Crawling Scarf? Brilliant.

And yes, cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh, doesn't he look cute with that new hair cut! The scarf will keep him toasty warm.

Hope all is well with you.