Thursday, January 04, 2007

Move Along, Folks, Nothing To See Here...

...well, except for a rather gratuitous cat photo. This is Chucky, my grandkitten. He normally doesn't look like a fruit bat--I guess it's the overhead angle that did it. He's pretty fluffy and pretty big, also pretty old--we think he's at least 19 but could be 20. The afghan is my first Ab Fab, the English Garden colorway, still one of my favorites. It lives with Chucky, D3, her husband and The Grandcarrot. He's been a rock n' roll cat as well, had his picture taken with #1 Son's roommate The Rock God. When #1 married, his roommate asked if Chuck could stay with him, and that worked well until he (Rock God) was touring more, at which point Chuck moved back with #1 and family. When they in turn relocated to the East, Chuck stayed with the house, which D3 bought from them.

This has nothing to do with anything except as a reason for the picture. I have been pretty quiet lately but apparently my Evil Twin has surfaced and has been doing some heavy-duty shopping. The worst part is that she knows my credit card numbers and leaves me to pay the bills!

Why, just this morning, she ordered some yarn from Webs. She must have done it while I was in the shower. I forgive her, though, cause she did order my favorite colors and at $1.99 a ball, it's reasonably priced. I could also blame Dim Sum Mary but really, it's my own fault for letting my guard down.

ET has also hit Webs a couple of other times--she hasn't told me what she ordered, either, so it will be a complete surprise when it arrives. She did an order to Eddie Bauer, too, but most of that is going back. I keep telling ET that the name of the game is Reduce, Re-use, not Replenish, but she doesn't listen. Do you think she's related to Sheepish Annie's HM?

Anyway, the shredder has been busy again too. I found a great resource for record retention here which has given me the boost I need to clean out my paper monster. When I get done, the important stuff will go into the safe deposit box, the current records will be easily accessible, and I won't find myself at the beginning of NEXT year madly entering stuff into Quicken so I can get my taxes done! Oh well. That's what I said last year too. That's why everything up through March 2006 is already entered...

As if that wasn't enough new-brooming for one person (well, two if you count ET), we're also reinstating our family Biggest Loser challenge. The big weigh-in will be just before Easter and the stakes are $50 per person. Since the only one who doesn't need to (and shouldn't) lose weight is D5, she's the stakeholder, weightmistress, and general cheerleader. You heard it here, folks--now help me stay honest, and make a good effort to win this thing! At the very least, I can unload the 20 0r so extra pounds that have made themselves at home in all the wrong place.

Back to the shredder. Can I just say that if the bag doesn't open fully, or if it falls off the bucket, it makes a hell of a mess?

4 comments:

Madge said...

Ab Fab is just that, dahling. And omg, the fruit bat Chucky is adorable. He totally looks like he smells Fancy Feast in the air.

Good luck on the Quicken, taxes, etc. And the Biggest Loser challenge. I'm rooting for you!

P.S. Who/what is Sheepish Annie's HM? (hot mama? horrible manatee? hunky man-toy?)

Annette said...

Hooray for shredding! I love shredders and shredding. Weird, I know. I'll have to include that in my "six weird things" meme when I finally get to it. A few years back I actually asked Jeff for a shredder for Christmas! Now I want an upgarde. :)

Chucky does look like a bat in that picture. Very cute!

On another note, I was reading your comment over on Mary's blog. You have to stop tempting me with your 3500 pieces of depression glass! I could spend days looking at it.

CatBookMom said...

Adorable feline photo, always good for blogs! I'm off to check the record retention site, just to see what's changed, if anything, since my CPA days. And shredders - yep, great things. Except I killed our first one, by feeding it umpty-hundred charity address labels. Now I'm putting them into the trash along with the stuff I clean out of the kitty boxes, which I'm thinking will be a deterrent for any identity thieves.

Sachi said...

Just wanted to drop a line to say thanks for the comment. I'm afraid my friend lives in Van Nuys and therefore has little use for woolly hugs. ;-) We're feeling better about his condition now than we were a week ago. We'll be finding something special for him and I'll make sure I let you know when the fund-raising starts. It will be in the form of a really loud concert of some kind. ;-)