Sunday, January 01, 2012

Blueberries for Sal

Blueberries for Sal by marie watterlond
Blueberries for Sal, a photo by marie watterlond on Flickr.

Books have always been my idea of a perfect present, so there were books for all four of the little grandkids on Christmas this year. In the midst of all the gift opening, Audrey came to this one, and something about it intrigued her. Her gift unwrapping came to a halt while she went through the whole book, very carefully, then had her mom read it to her from the beginning.

The Snowball quilt on the back of the sofa is one I had made back when I was teaching at the "old" Bearly Stitchin'--the small shop on the corner of Roosevelt. It was the first installment of a Calendar Quilts series, one per month. That was one of my first Tuesday night quilt classes.

I do love hauling out some of my older wall quilts and draping them around. Right now there are 6 "holiday" quilts up. Hmm, idea for another post!

No comments: