Friday, April 27, 2007

Challenged!

What are friends for? I guess some of them are there to challenge me!
On chat today with LMM (aka Seattle Marie) she mentioned that she had spent hours last night knitting on her CPH, and had made almost an inch of progress. One sassy remark on my part led to another on hers, and now we are challenged to a "race to the finish."
Did I mention this is the woman who got to the Final Four in the international Knit-Off this year? The Official Speed Demon Queen? The one who made the Pacific Northwest Shawl in Sea Silk in less than a week? Who took less time than that to knit a long-sleeved turtleneck with fancy Celtic knotwork?
Oh yeah. She challenged Knit Devil, too. So it's a 3-way race. This is like the Road Runner challenging Susie Snail and Sammy Slug to a race. A turbo-charged Ferrari vs a VW Bug (the old kind) and a '39 Ford.
Whoa--why am I sitting here writing? I need to be knitting!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*giggle* Yarn is a great motivator. I'm really hoping that one of you will finish first, I'd really have to put you both to shame and finish first considering the head start y'all have had on me.

KODACHROME said...

Good luck with your knitting challenge. Go! Go! Go! Knit! Knit! Knit!

And thanks so much for your beautiful, thoughtful letter, which I received yesterday. Your handwriting is lovely, and I'm looking forward to writing my reply to you later this week-- :)

CatBookMom said...

*giggle* is right. I'll be cheering for you and Knitdevil. That is one big honkin' challenge!

Sheepish Annie said...

Eek! That sounds like quite the challenge. I'll be thinking nimble thoughts for your fingers that they might fly like the wind!

Madge said...

Who are we kidding? I'll still be plugging away on this darn sweater come September...or will I?! *evil cackle*

xo

Anonymous said...

For the record, it took me 10 days to knit the PNW shawl, not a week.

Theresa said...

Good luck!

Annette said...

Good luck with the challenge!