Monday, October 30, 2006

Maundering

That's kind of like musing, only more aimless. It's what I feel like these days, loose ends, unravelings. More hours at work = less energy, less time for knitting, less time to plan stuff and take care of "business."
Here you see what happens to my printer when I'm not looking. Yes, it is covered with a poster and there are books propping up its little shelves. I don't think it was designed to hold 15 or so pounds of cat, let alone all that fur. The books are galleys of new releases that I'm reading for work.

But who could move that adorable face?

Then there's this one--he's perched on top of the shredder, which lives next to the computer and printer. Gee, I hope it's heavy-duty enough to withstand cat hair.

Today was trippin' down to LAX with youngest D to pick up her friend, who was arriving from England. Now, Mel lives in Australia, so this was a detour of sorts, but she'd been visiting her grandparents in Sussex. Last time she visited? She arrived from Dubai. The girl is well traveled. She'll be here for a couple of weeks, right in the middle of the Halloween extravaganza. D5's husband loves Halloween and spends hours decorating and planning his presentations for the lucky (?) trick-or-treaters that dare the porch. I'm going to miss it this year--and the grandcarrot's debut as a puppydog--since it's Tuesday, and if it's Tuesday it's quilting night. Students can cut class but Teach needs to be there. (Yes, there are people there who call me Teach. Otherwise very nice people, whom I love dearly.)

So there was knitting on the way to the airport--it was dark on the way home--and in the Starbucks in the international-arrival waiting room. Still working on Lady E, who is rapidly approaching a lack of portability. Wonder if that means I can cast on Lady E II (the Woodland colourway) for traveling??

I have some grandcarrot pics to post, too, but I'll save them for next time. I'm hoping that the Ds will all take plenty of Halloweeny shots, too. Since I'll be quilting and all...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta tell me all about the galley reading--that sounds like fun to me.

I'm sure everyone will take pictures for you, especially lots of the little carrot.

Happy Halloween to you!!!

mary said...

Ohhhh, I'm sorry you'll miss grandcarrot's 1st Halloween. Can't wait to see him as a puppy dog! Happy Halloween, Teach!

Sheepish Annie said...

Some people see babies and want one. With me its the cats!!! I now want more cats! Holy moly, those are a couple of cuties. And how helpful...

Have a great Halloween!

Fay Lynn said...

For some reason my cat is a tecknology, yarn snob. He will be on top of anything else that is laying around but not yarn and never on the multitude of computer stuff that is in this house.

Maybe I damaged him somehow when he was little.

Hope you get cute pics to show us.