Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Some pretties...and some bye-byes

First, the pretties: yes, that's Sea Silk, in the Woodland colorway, sitting in a basket on my nice new deck: This is what's under the SS in the previous picture: Cascade 220 in Green Apple, Summer Berry, and Coral, and some Araucania Nature Wool in a jade green vari-shaded and some dark blue ditto. The shading on the blue doesn't show up very well, but it's there--just more subtle.
Now for the not-so-pretties: some bags of things that are going bye-bye.



These two pics are bags of magazines that are being re-homed, hopefully onward to bring some joy and good cheer. It's a pretty eclectic collection, most of the Victoria magazines, some Threads, some AD, VF, Home, Country Living, Country Home, tons of New Yorkers, and so on. The other stack ? Well, that's currently residing in a couple of trash cans at the curb. Yes, even the basket. I have stubbed toes on that sucker way too many times, and as soon as it was freed (it had made itself quite a nest in the carpet pile) out it went!

Did you know that you can only fill a trash can 1/3 full of magazines before it's too heavy to move? Yes, I--me, the lover of the printed word, who never met a book or magazine she didn't instantly bond with--I tossed out several years' worth of old Time, Newsweek, and filled-in puzzle magazines. Not even I could think of a decent use for them.

You'd think that with all this gone, the room would be emptier. Oh, yeah, all this came out of one room--well, one room and its adjacent bathroom. There's a lot more downstairs. I'm keeping some things--how can I part with my Knitters and Interweave Knits, my Australian Patchwork, my Old House Interiors and MS Weddings? And there are a few more stacks left. However, I'm offering up photographic proof that I meant what I said a few dozen posts back about cleaning up my living space.

4 comments:

Annette said...

That's an inspiration Marie. I have some things that need to be bye-byes myself. I love the pictures of the yarn. Beautiful colors!

mary said...

Clean away! It makes me feel better to see other people have crap to unload. So cathartic, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm proud of you. You said you were going to do that and you did. They yarns are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are impressive. I did some minor 'clothes removals' this week. After all, I doubt I will ever be a size 4 again! (VBG)

Out went jackets, slacks, sweaters,
and a the matching love seat to my frilly couch. I miss the love seat.

Good for you.