Monday, May 01, 2006

May Flowers


In honor of May Day, here are some pretty flowers from my yard. It's been a hard few years on the place, but as you can see on the right, the irises and gazanias took the move well. They were on the strip of garden along the driveway, which is slated for urban renewal soon. Saving them from the construction was a Good Thing. I was also pleased to notice that my lilac bush--which got an extemely heavy pruning last year, in fact almost came out--has a few buds. So tonight, it's the MD knitting book for me, to see if there is a pattern there for my B&B yarn. Oh, and the hunt is on for the mystery-fiber orange and yellow, too!

2 comments:

mary said...

Beautiful flowers! I love that it's spring!

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty flowers! Spring has sprung!