Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Fun Never Stops


Wobblies of the world... presenting a couple of in-progress wobbly circles totes! Madge is on the second side of hers... Joan is moving a little slower, but that's because she's been otherwise occupied recently:
Yarny goodness! Joan was a winding machine... by the time we left, the pile looked quite a bit smaller!

This little bit of orange and yellow knitting was the start of an entrelac piece. Un-hunh. The color runs are too short, and the yarn is too uneven to look good in entrelac. Now you see it... but now you don't, because it's back to being a ball of yarn in my knitting bag. I'm sure that this yarn can be something wonderful (right, Junie?) but this sure isn't it. This is the only bit of new knitting that even survived this long; this particular ball of yarn has been knit, frogged, and reknit so many times it's beginning to come unspun. And, no, none of those balls of yarn on the table came home with me. I'm really trying not to add to the bulk of the stash. Luckily Robyn mentioned that she "has no stash"... well, now she does!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your pictures of the SnB every week!!

Anonymous said...

Poor little orange and yellow yarn. It's an orphan who needs a good project to call home. Isn't it funny how some yarn is like that?

Yay, wobblies. I finished side 2 last night, and am going to sew up my bag today. Maybe even derail today's regularly scheduled laundering to felt it, too...Birch beckons.

mary said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing them on your blog. I know you'll find a home for that beautiful orange and yellow yarn. And knowing you, it'll be stunning when it's done.

WHCounselor said...

Wanted to thank you for sharing the picture about your son and his blankie on my blog - how great that you saved it for him for so long!

Anonymous said...

Dear Marie:

You poor thing! That yarn is a PITA. BUT, I bought a pattern book with the KITE pattern in it, then I found an Knitters with the same pattern - not labeled Kite. I bet you have the magazine. It is much like Yoga pattern but not lace. What do you think? Its either that or burn it.

Gads, I feel bad about that yarn.
Sob!