Saturday, February 23, 2013

Quilts and Wearable Art in Watsonville

Off to Watsonville this morning, for the Pajaro Valley Quilt Guild's show!

The Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds are charming. I'm sure there is a story behind the house and tower that greet you at the entrance, but I don't know it. Yet.


Please be kind about the rather wonky order my pictures have been uploaded in. I don't (yet) know how to rearrange them in this app.

So here's the view from our hotel room.


See the church on the hill? We wondered if it was this one...and it is.


Holy Cross Catholic Church. The more modern version of Mission Santa Cruz.


The joke's-on-me story from the last time I was here is that I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a listing for the mission, and we finally settled for Holy Cross. Dawned on me, when we drove up to the church and saw the little mission on the grounds, that Holy Cross = Santa Cruz.

Duh!

The other view out of our window. That's Highway 1 over there.


Back to the Fairgrounds. Here's the little tower again. Did I mention it was a perfectly gorgeous day?


Sadly, the show's guidelines on photographing the quilts and garments was pretty explicit about not posting anything to a blog or other public media without explicit permission from the artist. So you will have to take my word for it that the quilts were lovely, the vendors friendly, and the fashion show was delightful! Well, with Rachel Clark in charge and narrating, how else could it be?



You did not see this picture here. But isn't it a great idea for using up scraps of Civil War repro fabrics?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Gail MacCartney said...

Wish I were there. Sounds like you're have a grand time!

Anna said...

oh it looks so warm and sunny! love the civil war quilt!