Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Favorite Tie

IMG_0275 by marie watterlond
IMG_0275, a photo by marie watterlond on Flickr.

This was Bob's absolute favorite tie. He kept it in its box for a long time and was so proud to show it to me when we first started dating. He wore it at our wedding, too.

He paid a w hole $10 for it--in 1961 that was a lot of money. It has real gold threads in it and came from Woodruff's Men's Store in Alhambra. So this piece of history is definitely going to have pride of place in the tie quilts!

4 comments:

Gail said...

That was serious money back then! The tie reminds me of the gravestone rubbings Andy made in England.

Sheepish Annie said...

It is a beautiful tie and certainly worthy of being honored in a quilt!

DPUTiger said...

That's an awesome tie. I can see why it was his favorite!

Anonymous said...

I guess I didn't know it was his favorite but certainly brings back memories!!

Foosh