Sunday, January 02, 2011

What's Under There?


2011.1.2 003
Originally uploaded by marie watterlond
Simon would like to know if I'm keeping anything interesting for cats under there. He was fascinated with the sewing machine--it's been a while since I've been able to set it up and actually sew at home, and his little cat brain doesn't remember much except his last feeding. Which he ALWAYS thinks was days or weeks ago.

So today I was able to finish clearing off the table in the back room, and set up the sewing machine. I've been cutting squares of flannel and leftover batting so I had a project ready to go. By the time I quit for the night, I had 88 squares layered and ready to lay out to piece together.

I was shocked at how my skills have deteriorated, and I'm sure hoping I can get them back up to par! It's not a question of not knowing what to do--I know how, but the muscle memory that made it so smooth and almost effortless has gone kaput.

Doesn't help when someone--even a little someone--keeps sitting on the squares!

No comments: