Sunday, November 02, 2008

Nov. 2--All Souls' Day

Or, alternatively, the Day of the Dead. Dia de los Muertos. A day to remember those who have gone before us, hopefully to a better place.

One nice thing about my fall decorating is that it doesn't have to be taken down right away after Halloween. I think this little vignette can stay around till after Thanksgiving.

The quilt was a housewarming present from my friend Gwen, who has a truly world-class collection of quilts, mostly wall quilts and minis. I was delighted that she sent this one over to live with me!
I still want to make an autumn-leaf quilt, but I don't think it's going to happen this year. Too much else going on! We've got a garage sale coming up this weekend--on Saturday. I'll let you know if any yarn or fabric is going to go in the sale. Right now, I'm not thinking so, except maybe for some home-dec stuff that's been kicking around here for ages.

Once the sale is over, there will be preparation for the birthday season: D5 and her daughter have birthdays in November, two days apart. I believe a celebration is planned for Little Missy, but we can't forget her mama too!

Oh, there has been some acquisition of yarny goodness here.

I know I'm not supposed to. But really, I had--HAD!--to have some Monster Mash. Just had to.

And the other skein is a heavier weight, in a colorway called Ruthie. I couldn't leave Ruthie there all alone, now could I? Especially since my mother-in-law was Ruth.

Now to see if I can find something named for my mom. That would be fun too.

And no,please don't suggest that the Monster Mash was named after me. I do love the way that little purple end sticks out of the orange, though, sorta like it's sticking its tongue out at me! Maybe I'll wind it up tonight...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the quilt and the yarn on the right.