Saturday, August 02, 2008

Hot Suction

No picture of it yet, but I'll try to get one soon, of our newest pet. Yes, we did a little shopping today, and as is usual with D4 and I, we went out to buy one thing and came home with something quite different.

I'll 'splain. We've been needing a new vacuum cleaner, since the two we have are on their last sucky breaths. One keeps burning out belts, which is annoying as well as smelly; the other has lost most of its oomph. We had been looking at, and planning to buy, a canister vac since they seem to be pretty powerful and easy to maneuver. Especially now that we have so much bare floor, a versatile and efficient vac seemed to be the answer.

So we went. We looked at canisters. We tested out canisters. I've been particularly fond of the Dyson canister--it's a homely little beast, but a friend has one and I was impressed by how quickly and easily it cleaned up broken glass. Well, it's heavy. As in, very very heavy. All of the canisters were.

Then we saw the Electrolux vacs. Very cute, very functional. Very red. Tested out one or two of those. The saleslady suggested we look at the little Dyson ball vac... lightweight, efficient, not a lot of bells and whistles but oh my, lots of power. So that's the one that came home with us.

It's already vacuumed most of the downstairs. D4 is loving using it, and I think I'll have no problem with it either. So, cat hair? Dust bunnies? Dust elephants? No worries!

6 comments:

jillian said...

Ohhhh, Dyson. Good for you!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh to have a Dyson...jealousy here!

Annette said...

Congrats! I love getting upgraded appliances. It makes me feel more efficient when I'm cleaning. Jeff laughs at me because I'm all about power. The more the better!

Madge said...

Great post title. Have fun suc...er, vacuuming. Hee.

Sheepish Annie said...

I've been longing for a Dyson for years. And I hate housework of any sort so that's saying something...

Happy vacuuming!

LINDA said...

Congratulations on your new pet! I have adored my Dyson from the day I bought it. Works realy good on picking up Doxie fur so cat fur will be a cinch!
XO