Sunday, June 22, 2008

Flowers!


Pretties, no?


Sent to cheer me up while I recuperate. Thanks for all the good wishes, too!


Not too much to blog about right now, since I'm more or less confined to quarters and have to take it easy. We did make a foray out to Sears to get a new refrigerator--when the old one gets an estimate of $500 to repair it, well, it's time to replace it. We got it in 1991, so it's done good service over the years. I'll get pictures of the new one once it's in place.
I did start a couple of new projects. I have about 12 rows done on a new baby sweater--photos to come soon--and I started to wind the orange silk yarn for Phoenix Rising. Let's just say, that was not the smartest idea I've had lately--after four hours of struggling and cursing, I have a massive snarl and a small ball of silk. I walked away from it last night and haven't been back; I'm hoping that the Yarn Elves will have magically smoothed it out so it will wind neatly from now on!
Pictures later...

6 comments:

mary said...

Beautiful flowers! And a new refrig? What perfect timing for it to konk out. Stay cool and leave some treats out for the Yarn Elves!

DPUTiger said...

Best yarn winding advice I've ever gotten is to "snap" the skein a few times before you put it on the swift. I usually stick my arms into the middle of the skein and snap them outward 2-3 times then put it on the swift. Works wonders!

Good luck with that slippery stuff. And keep healing properly! :)

Romi said...

Lovely! Take good care of yourself. :)

Lethe said...

You might want to see if your old refrigerator qualifies for a rebate. We had S. Cal Edison cart our old one away for free and mail us a rebate check for $50. They take them to someplace in Ventura that breaks them down and separates them by component for recycling.

Madge said...

Pretty flowers! Hope they're doing the trick. :)

Oy. Good luck untangling the Claudia's silk.

Sheepish Annie said...

Yeesh....get behind in the blog reading and you miss everything! Keep resting and enjoy those flowers. You'll be up and around in no time.

(but, in the meantime, you must feel free to allow others to do you bidding...that's the good side of an injury!)