Saturday, November 17, 2007

Home!

Or , how about a few more pictures of the reason I haven't been knitting, or thinking about my knitting much, in the last couple of days? Is this the snuggliest little bundle you could ever want to hold? Grandma Leming thinks so!
Giving the world a kind of wondering look... William James wrote that, to a newborn, the world is like "one great blooming, buzzing confusion." It does look as if she's trying to make some sense of all this sensory overload, doesn't it?
So she's home:

and her closest cousin came to visit. Garrett wasn't too interested in her except to investigate a bit when she cried or made a noise. He really didn't mind when his mom held her new niece for a good long time, either--which is a good sign.

He's at that 17-month-old exploratory stage. Mr. Busy.

Stairs are a wonderful challenge--there are stairs at home, but he's kept gated away from them, so he takes every opportunity that's presented to explore them. Last time I was at his house, we made a couple of trips up and down. He'd have happily made more, but Memere's bum knee didn't want to. Here there are only 3 steps, so it's pretty do-able on his own; and yes, he had plenty of supervision!

Today is the new mom's birthday, which means I now officially have no more kids in their twenties. The milestone is that my oldest grandson will enter his come the end of January. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I guess it's not under my control, either. When Audrey turns 20, I think I'll be Officially Old, and I hope and pray that I'll be around to see that!

Now to go wrangle up some knitting. ET has been busy and there might be something to show you soon, plus there are a couple of projects that have a date with me and either completion or the Frog Pond. (Beginning with CPH and no, I'm not considering frogging THAT!)

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Every time you write, "memere" I just can't help but grin. We pronounce it oddly up here, but it is a very, very common word for grandmothers or grandmotherly types. And I just don't see it anywhere else in the blogsphere...

Add to that the fact that you are not in the least a grandmotherly sort...except for being a wonderful grandma, that is. You're just a young slip of a thing in my mind's eye!

Congrats on the newest grandchild! She's a sweetie and I can see why you're just beaming with the pride...

Larry said...

Really cute grand little ones! And how nice to be able to indulge them with trips up and down stairs, bad knee notwithstanding. I don't have any grandchildren so I'm naturally envious.

CatBookMom said...

Lovely pictures, granny! Happy birthday wishes to she who is now '29 and holding'. The Grandcarrot is lookin' adorable.