Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th--Again??

What's with that, anyway? Not that I am superstitious, nor do I suffer from triskadekaphobia, but still.
Maybe that's the explanation for the summertime blues I'm suffering from?

Well, there was a respite this week. Not once, but twice, I got to go knit with my good peeps. Here they* are (well, some of them anyway, the others had already left when we broke for lunch) at Unraveled, where we went on a top secret mission. Not to worry, all will be revealed in due time.
*They* are Annette, Mary, Madge, and Fay Lynn.
Next up is a snap of my coffee table, full of yarn both caked and uncaked. This is what you do when you have to wait around for someone to come pick up an old appliance--and wait, and wait.
No, I didn't make it out of Unraveled without something following me home. Lisa Souza's Can't Elope kept following me around.
So it came home.
And hopped onto the swift.
And became....

A happy cake of yarn, ready to swatch!

Normally I don't much care for orange, but this was such a luscious pinky-peachy-canteloupe-y color, with just a touch of lime green here and there, and I couldn't resist.


They never did come, by the way. So I just kept winding. I think I am going to have to have a little chat with my local electrical utility. If they WANT people to turn in their old appliances, wouldn't you think they would make it easy??



No such luck. Yesterday was my THIRD appointment with them and my THIRD disappointment!

Oh well.

I got a few more rows of the Mystery Stole 3 done, too, but it isn't ready for its photo session yet. Soon, soon. I did download Clue 3 this morning so it will be ready whenever I am.

Do note, however, that I am sporting a "Slow Bee" button. I really am not racing anyone on this project!! (In fact, if some of the "guesses" as to the theme are correct, I may have to rip the whole thing out. Just sayin'. I do trust Melanie to pick something worthwhile, but honestly...)

8 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Oh wow! That yarn would take away any of the knitting/appliance/13th kind of blues that might be around! Sooooooo pretty. Can't Elope...heh-heh.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that Can't Elope looks amazing!! I love Lisa's stuff, she is really a fab dyer. Darn those utility people, don't they have any courtesy of other peoples time???!!!

DPUTiger said...

Ohhh, don't get me started on service appointments! We have had TWO no call/no shows with DirecTV to get hooked up out here. Major nightmare. Magic wand appeared this afternoon, keep your fingers crossed that things go as planned on Monday morning!

mary said...

Nice yarn! Looks like you got your swift set up. Hurray!

Anonymous said...

They came and picked up my refrigerator all right a couple of years ago.

I never got the check I was supposed to get for turning in.

Madge said...

Happy Friday the 13th! Really!

Wow, that Can't Elope looks fab wound into a ball...bet you're gonna make something juicy with it. Hee.

Ain't no cure for the summertime blues...except to knit more!

Anonymous said...

Well my dear friend, I have a case of the summer doldums too. Feel like sleeping all the time.

I have down loaded the 2 clues and have yet to start. I checked the web site and peeked at the photos, so I have some idea of what it is going to look like. I think I will finish my vest first.

The Lisa yarn is lovely. That is what I am using for Dragon.
Hey, eloping sounds good .

Ellen Bloom said...

My father used to sing that honeymoon song....."Honey Dew, I Can't Elope with you...." Also, (heh, heh)...the honeymoon salad: Lettuce alone without dressing! Hardy, Har, Har. Sorry for the corny-ness...I couldn't resist.

The peach cake looks luscious and non-fattening!