Thursday, June 28, 2007

Just Remembered...

...that this is supposed to be a knitting blog! My bad! So here without further ado, some yarny goodness!
First up, this is what I do when my truck needs servicing. I bring enough knitting to last me for several days, and then the dealership gets really efficient and gets it done quickly!
This is Artyarns Silk Rhapsody, in the Rose Garden colorway. I wound the first skein into a ball at yesterday's knitfest, then cast on and started knitting the shawl today. I did this much worth while they changed my oil and got my "baby" ready for the road trip this weekend. (If it comes off as planned, it will be a great photo op and blog-worthy post.)
Actually there are two events this weekend. Oh good, blog fodder!
Don't have a pattern name for this shawl--it's something I made a working copy of from one of my books, and I've totally forgotten which book it was. I made a dark blue "test" version of this as a prayer shawl last year, out of navy Wool-Ease, and it's a nice simple pattern that still looks quite effective. I think I'll like the way the yarn pools on this--nice to have some solid green leaves and solid pink ones!

Then there is this collection of yumminess: Merino Lace yarn, two skeins in cream, one in pure white, one in wine and one in dark green. From a listmember who is destashing.

Going to swatch with the cream for the Mystery Shawl 3. By the way, I put myself on the Frappr Map for MS3--have you done it yet? Kinda fun to see where everyone is!

What's a post without a gratuitous cat photo?

Actually, Simon was cuddling with the extra yarn for my CPH when I got home today. The boy knows a cozy spot when he finds one! The green bag is what I carried the Rose Garden Shawl around in. (There, I guess it has a name for now! I'd better add it to my WIPs!)

Lastly, some goodies that arrived in a surprise package from D1 and the bugs. Monastery honey, nicely wrapped in little burlap baggies; some caramels (Yum!) and note cards; and a box of Garden Compost Tea.

I need to read the directions better, but I think the tea is for my plants and not for me. At least I certainly hope so!

That's it for today. Unless, of course, something else presents itself as a wonderful opportunity to share with you. Hmmm... www.Ramwools.com is having a sale on their Rowan yarns. And Interweave is having a sale on their magazine back issues. And the Yarn Girls have some super specials, including Louet yarns!

Now quick, go buy up all that stuff and save me from ET!!

9 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

You did good! That's a whole lotta yarny goodness and very, very knitterly. I'm loving the shawl. I agree. The color pooling is going to be fantastic!

mary said...

Rose Garden Shawl is a perfect name for it and it's stunning. Can't wait to feel it squooshiness and smooshiness. Are you going to show us your feather and fan fos?

Anonymous said...

Love how it's turning out.

The pattern btw, is Lavender Linen Lace Shawl from Knitted Shawls, Stoles & Scarves by Nancie M. Wiseman

Annette said...

That Artyarns is scrumptious! Really! I like how the colors are knitting up too. I *need* some. :)

CatBookMom said...

Pretty, pretty yarn and shawl. Yummy cat, makes me want to dive into some excellent cat belly rubbing. And the new chair is great!

I'm confused about MS3. There are some already posted at Elann's website; I thought it just started??

Madge said...

Oh la la, your Artyarns shawl is divine.

And more awesome scorage. Caramels, yum.

Thanks for the Frappr Map link for MS3; I just located myself on it, too.

Anonymous said...

I think that you're not liking the rose garden yarn enough to continue knitting with it, and I think you want to take it to Sunday's swap...you are getting sleepy...

I LOVE your new furniture? WANT! where'd you get it?

Romi said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That silk is divine!

::drool::

catsmum said...

Garden Compost Tea???????ps Ms Sophie and the visiting grandkittens Suki and Sumi all said to tell Simon he's a very handsome boy, Oakley declined to comment