Wednesday, May 02, 2007

CPH Challenge Update

No photos. I tried to take pictures of the full moon tonight, but it wouldn't cooperate. Tonight's is a Full Flower Moon, by the way. I know you wait with bated breath (unless you've been eating sushi, in which case it's baited breath) to hear what the moon-of-the-month's name is!


The CPH Challenge is rolling right along. In fact, a little bird today might have spotted three knitters all cabling away on their CPHs, while in Seattle, another knitter was working on hers. The challengees are all on Sleeve Island, a lonely and endless black hole of cable, increase, cable, increase, increase, cable... 20 inches of endless knitting to the armpit decreases. I realized today that I have less than a week to go before taking off for "furrin parts" so I'd better hustle my bustle and get that puppy finished--before it winds up in disgrace like the MOTW!

Stay tuned for news... and maybe a picture or two.

Oh, all right, here's one... just to keep you from being too bored with this post!


Chihuly glass from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I love this!

6 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

The Chihuly glass looks almost like the hyperbolic crochet used in the coral reef sculptures!! Gorgeous!

Sheepish Annie said...

The glass is just lovely. It manages to look sturdy and delicate at the same time!

Madge said...

Huff, puff. I'm 7" into my sleeves, so only two measly cable turns so far. Hopefully you're near the shoulder caps; my fingers are crossed for you. Go, go, go!

Madge said...

P.S. Baited breath. Hee.

CatBookMom said...

The glass is lovely, unusual and yet elegant. You are smokin' along on that CPH, I saw you!

Anonymous said...

I love the Chihuly glass.

Look over your shoulder, because I'm right behind you. I'm about 3 inches from the sleeve cap on one sleeve,that'll be done today, then the other sleeve. Body's going on the blocking board this very afternoon, so it'll be ready when I'm ready to start on the hood.