Sunday, March 04, 2007

Full Worm Moon

...with crape myrtle seedpods and frostbitten orange tree.

Artistic, no? Yeah, I didn't think so either. What is it with these full moon names? I am rather amused.

This is going to be a rather short post today, as I am feeling pretty wiped out. You know how my last post was so upbeat about all the time I am going to have and all the fun things ahead? Well, that'll larn me to challenge Whoever is in charge of "stuff." We've suddenly had a whole series of sad/bad/challenging events and I'm just having a hard time wrapping my brain around it. Would truly appreciate any prayers, good thoughts, etc that you'd care to send our way. I will fill all y'all in on stuff as it goes along but not today, 'kay?
Oh, if you leave me a comment, please be aware that Blogger doesn't let me reply to you. So unless I have your email address, all I can do is try to track you down via your blog or whatever. You can email me at mehitabel AT earthlink DOT net if you have any questions or private comments.
Also, I think I was crowing too much about the joys of unemployment. I found out on Sat. that the quilt shop where I teach on Tuesday nights will be closing down in mid-May. So my last class will be the night before I leave on my tour of France and as it turns out, that will be the last week they'll have classes. I don't have a lot of info on the closing yet, but I'm sure there will be some coming along and I'll pass it on for anyone who's interested. I do know the owners plan to open a new shop in the Phoenix area, and will be selling fabric there--but I'm sure they won't be moving all of the inventory, fixtures etc.
Enough for now. Off to the opera (Mahoganny) with the daughters and friend!

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

I'm sorry to hear that things took a turn...I hope that they all resolve themselves quickly and well. I'll send up a few good thoughts!

Madge said...

Sending you a bunch of super good mojo! Drat the universe, anyway...guess it saw your schedule was open and decided to pounce...which, imho, is very bad manners....

xox

Kate said...

"Oh show me the way to the next whisky bar ... Oh don't ask why.."

Mahagonny - my favourite Opera - I hope it brought you enjoyment in this time of adversity. (Is it the full moon or what? I've been smitten with disasters too.) I hope it gets better soon.
"Oh Heavenly Salvation ......"