Sunday, December 17, 2006

Tagged! Or, Six Weird Things

Thanks to Sheepish Annie and her friends HM and RM, I've been tagged to tell you 6 weird things about me. Here's #1: I can actually work in this mess. Oh, wait, it looks a lot worse than that now... but I'll spare you.

Doesn't everyone keep her shoes on a shelf on her computer desk??


2. I have a phone phobia. I can go for weeks putting off phone calls, just because I dread picking up that phone. That's why I have been able to go for months with my house phone out of order (the computer is connected to a different phone line).


3. In spite of #2, I am obsessive about keeping my cell phone handy. You can always reach me on it, day or night, although when I'm at work, you have to talk to my locker. It's a hoot to walk by the bank of lockers and hear all the cell phones ringing, pinging, or playing music.


4. I hoard stuff--yarn, fabric, books, buttons. By some people's standards I hoard cats, too, but there are only 4 of them, so I don't think I'm in that league. I can toss newspapers, though, and expired coupons, so I'm not quite ready for the little men in the white coats. Or the Got-Junk truck, either, although D5 might argue with you on that point!


5. I often think in French. I have finally, after many years in SoCal, learned to say my prayers in English, but I almost always say the rosary in French. And I carry my mother's rosary in my purse.


6. I love punchbowls. And punch cups. I was married to the Punch Bowl King of Southern California--oh, hell, probably the entire known Western Universe--and I really love all of them. Of course the "kids" and their kids will be getting some, but I'm very fussy about adoptive homes for these precious babies. Not as careful as if I was adopting out cats, but still.


Okay. I'm tagging Mary, Marie, Madge, Jillian, Annette, and Patty. I'll be checking up on you guys--hey, if I can hang my weirdnesses out for the whole world to see, can't you join me??

Simon says, c'mon!
(Want to know 6 weird things about Simon? His whiskers are wider than his body; he can't meow; he chirps; he doesn't mind sleeping on pants hangers (ow!); he picked us out, ran away from home every day and came over till his people finally agreed to let him stay; and he won't touch people-food or cat treats.

There, that's not too hard. If a cat can do it...

3 comments:

CatBookMom said...

Thanks for the tour of you. Simon is so gorgeous! Our Midnight has those incredibly long whiskers, too, but her black ones are so fine that they are hard to see except close-up. But in the last year or two, she's grown single white ones on each side - never two on one side - and they often reach 6in long! I consider myself tagged, and will post my own oddities.

Sheepish Annie said...

If Simon is willing to share he could write a diet book and make a fortune!!

I live amongst a very strong Franco-American community and hear French or at least the accent pretty regularly. I don't speak French, but it doesn't seem weird to me at all to hear people speaking it. Especially at the grocery store where you'll find a few older women muttering to themselves over the price of canned goods. :)

All in all, a very well-done meme! HM is pleased. (RM has divorced herself from the proceedings and just keeps shaking her head sadly.)

Madge said...

Fun reading your meme, esp. # 6. :)

And your shoes on your computer desk shelf made me chuckle.

P.S. Simon is a handsome devil...but how can he sleep on clothes hangers? Ouch.