Friday, December 01, 2006

Happy December!

Since it's already late in the day, I can't say happy First, so I'll just wish you a whole month of good stuff--whatever floats your boat, whether it's error-free knitting, happy stash enhancing, fun with family and friends and all the rest of the holiday trimmings.

I'm feeling rather proud of myself tonight, and I'm hoping it won't turn out to be one of those pride-goeth-before-a-fall kind of moments. One of our LYS started a month-long sale today, 30% off yarn and needlepoint canvases. Naturally I had to stop off, since I'd had a couple of personal invites--a hot pink postcard from Alison, the owner, and a note from Larry. I've been wanting to meet him, but today wasn't the day: he had been cornered by a customer who was wanting help with her cast-on.

But I digress. I'm really proud that I was able to walk into that paradise of wonderful yarns, and beautifully hand-painted canvases, and walk out with--nothing. That's right, nothing. There was one canvas that really was calling to me, but realistically? I don't think I would get to it. I may go back on Monday, and if it's still there, it might come home with me.

But no new yarn! Did you feel the tremors??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am most impressed!! I can't even enter a yarn shop right now for fear that I will have some sort of fiber induced blackout and end up with thirty seven skeins of sock yarn or something.

It has been a long and tiring yarn fast...

jillian said...

Wow. I think I've done that exactly once in my life. Impressive! jillian

mary said...

I'm only mildly impressed, because the cynic in me thinks there was too much novelty yarn? If this happens next week at the other LYS, then I'll feel the tremors.

CatBookMom said...

Happy December to you, too! BTW, thanks for the comments on my Dayflower Shawl. I haven't compared the pattern to the BW book, but this one seems just to have a 2-st column of garter st between the motifs, with yarnovers.

I'd really decided to swear off more yarn for December, then Elann came out with some gorgeous silk/cashmere as a Boxing Day 'gift' - watch the sneak peeks.

Madge said...

I had to sit down for a moment. Fanned myself, and now I feel better. Erm, well done with the stash unenhancement....

Happy happy to you, too!

Annette said...

30%!? Which LYS is it? No, don't tell me. I'm saving up for Stitches. But 30% is pretty good....okay who is it?

I'm impressed with your will power. :)