Monday, November 13, 2006

Stuff with my Cat

Simon is very easygoing and quite accommodating. Witness him posing nicely with Lady E II and her ball of yarn. This is the Woodland colourway and it's rather intriguing. In some lights, it's greeen and gold. In other lights, it's grey and beige. I keep finding bits of different colors as I keep knitting. One thing, though, is that I don't think it's Simon's colors.

Now here, Simon has bee joined by the moose cub and the little "computer bear" as well as Lady E II. As I said, he's pretty mellow. On this picture, you can actually see his enormously long whiskers--even his "eye whiskers" are exceptionally long.
No, I don't have progress pics of anything else. I spent the weekend working at the bookstore and also at a stamping workshop. I made 10 cards (2 each of 5 designs) and when I'm not quite so tired (yes, I worked again today) I'll take them out and photograph them. I took Lady E II to the bookstore meeting and got a whole tier knitted, along with getting up to speed on new books for the holidays. Lady E I is looking like more of the same--she doesn't really show progress now, and she's too bulky to take very many places. So she and Hanging Gardens are "home" knitting and there hasn't been a lot of that in view recently.

Now a question for the Tech Set. Please forgive my massive ignorance as well as fatigue tonight.

This is the picture I want to use for my profile photo:

... but I don't want the arrow, natch. So my two questions are, how do I remove the arrow? And how do I upload this to my profile? It won't let me just upload it like I did to get it in here. (BTW, mehitabel is the cat; archy is the cockroach. He can only type in lower case because he can't hold down the shift key and type a letter at the same time. I know, my "cat" is named archy; he was named for our late-lamented black cat Archie, who was named for an Australian cat we met in '88. TMI??)

My Victorian Lace book came today, so I am planning an early bedtime: just me, my book, and a cat or two if they behave!


10 comments:

Madge said...

Simon is one mellow fellow. Hey, you should send your photos into http://www.stuffonmycat.com/ and make him a superstar.

Ooh, you have Victorian Lace? I just ordered it yesterday, and can hardly wait for it to arrive. Is it dandy?

And yay - knittin' at work.

mary said...

I can't wait to see this Lady E's colors! She's looking gorgeous already.

jillian said...

Cutie kitty! And I have NO idea about how to remove the arrow! Sorry :)

Sheepish Annie said...

Can't help with the arrow...sorry. I used my Flickr account to save my profile picture then used the url to post the picture.

I do love that kitty!!! What a good model you have there!

Anonymous said...

I want to see Lady E in person when she's done, maybe they'll both want to take a trip up north. I'll have an extra room by January....

As for the arrow, you may be able to Photoshop it out, but I'm not really sure. Try sending Bruce of 40 winks an email, he may be able to help you with that.

Anonymous said...

Marie, I sent you the picture minus the arrow. Check your email.

Anonymous said...

Marie, I sent you the picture minus the arrow. Check your email.

catmum said...

handsome tuxedo catboy. and great whiskers. do you save them? I have three cats and 4 grandcats, and save the whiskers when they fall out and are found and make polymer clay jewelry and art with them.

catsmum said...

hey there's another catsmum on here !
well I think he's handsome too
susan the original aussie catsmum

catsmum said...

ok now I've gone over to Catmum's Blog and left her a howdy :]