Monday, November 20, 2006

Eye Candy??

First, a recuperating-from-being sick boy, and his goat: Notice the wild hair!!

Then, a slight miscalculation on my part. I had bought 2 skeins of the yarn on the left, which is an unknown Schaefer yarn, in a colorway called
Snoopy's Crayons. Found some Schaefer Elaine in the same colorway and ordered it. Well, my yarn is obviously not Elaine.

I think it's Miss Priss, but so far I haven't found any more in that colorway. There may not be any, I may have bought the last 2 skeins in the entire world last June. In W. Hartford. Which isn't very close to me, now is it? Actually I'm hoping that the 2 skeins will be enough for a sweater for the Carrot. The third was for insurance. Now, I guess it will become a scarf or a shawlette.

Then there is my "substitute" for that wonderful pink and grey Socks That Rock that Fay Lynn got a couple of weeks back. I really loved that.
So, here's my attempt to recreate that: Araucania Nature Wool in shaded greys, and some Valley Yarns in black and a couple of pinks. Very very yummy. I am currently thinking, rather lacy sweater in the grey with bands of pink. And maybe some white.
Lastly, my big indulgence: some Fleece Artist BFL in Sea Storm. This is 1000 meters, folks, and I am thinking it will make a nice PNW shawl. Or maybe the sheepy one.

Enough yarny posts. I have been rather busy since D1 and her family are here, and staying with D5. That's the family with the two little girl-bugs (you saw them knitting). They came to see me just as I was getting off work today and we had a lovely romp through the children's dept. of the bookstore. Yes, they are taking some new books home. We all went to Shogun tonight--these girls have very eclectic tastes, love sushi and steamed dumplings. It was a new adventure for me, never had been, so it was very interesting.
I'll try to post a bit more in the next few days, but we'll see how I do. I've been fighting some kind of "nasty"--allergic reaction to something, complete with hives, red itchy spots, etc., and concomitent fatigue. I even missed a couple of days of work, that's how bad it's been. So I'm trying very hard to keep my work commitments, and then of course there's the time I want to spend with my family. Always something, isn't it??
And, Lady E has grown a little more. Hopefully we'll have some "done" shots soon!

5 comments:

mary said...

Sorry to hear you're still fighting off that allergic reaction. The Schaefer yarn colors are beautiful, and I love it's called Snoopy! It inspires me to do the Snoopy dance. Can't wait to see the yarns all knit up, even though it might take a little while, huh? Have a great turkey day.

Sheepish Annie said...

Those allergies sound particularly nasty. Keep an eye on that... :0

That's a lot of mighty pretty yarn you have there! I really need to yarn shop. Well, "need" might be the wrong word. "Want," is probably more correct.

Sachi said...

OMG, that Seastorm is to die for! Or would that be to dye for....

catsmum said...

oh oh oh that blue-and-earth toned stuff is just bee-yooo-ti-full. You must use that for something really special.
Allergies are nasty things... muchos sympathy.
hugz
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear. See that you have been one busy stasher! Love the BFL.. Lovely. I feel a shawl kick coming on myself. I got the Victorian Lace book and love it. Also some Elann Kydd Merino and like it. It is a very nice sub for KSH.

Ouch, I hate the itches. I will trade you the 3 sore teeth for 3 hives. Just for a couple of days? (g)
Sadly, the puter goes back to TX for a face lift and I will be out of touch for another week.

I feel like I should always have a spare computer on hand, just in case. Miss you and since I have kids here, I haven't gotten a lick of knitting done. Bad me.

Hugs and write.
junie