Sunday, October 08, 2006

Knitterbugs

Now, here's a sight to warm a grandma's heart! These are my two youngest granddaughters, aka Lizzie and Tori, showing their knitting. They really have made some progress, haven't they? Please do pardon the burst of grandmotherly enthusiasm here!

I forgot to bring my camera on the City of Hope Walk today, which is probably just as well. None of us were looking our best, especially after the first mile or so--sweaty, sticky, sore. But we finished! I was making great progress on a pink (of course!) shawl but then I got hungry. Let's just say, if you are walking and knitting, it works fine; but if you then eat a sticky granola bar, you will wind up with sticky needles and sticky yarn and a royal mess, and you will finish the walk clutching a water bottle and carrying the knitting in its bag. It was a lovely day for a walk, though, and it was a very good feeling to get those 5 kilometers hiked! Plus of course, it's a good cause.

Not to mention, where else can you see big burly men wearing t-shirts that say "Save the ta-tas!"

5 comments:

mary said...

Lovely granddaughters with their knitting! Congrats on completing the walk.

Anonymous said...

Now, that is a wonderful picture. That is one for the BOOK you need to write.

Annette said...

How lucky they are to have a grandma to teach them to knit. They are very cute!

catsmum said...

My hat is off to ANYONE who can walk and knit at the same time !

catsmum said...

me again ... thankyou for the link to my Blog :]
see...doesn't take a lot to make me happy
and btw just be careful with the FMS Blogs ...there are some that are very depressing and some containing what is probably erroneous info.
However
you can always come whinge over on my blog and I won't mind a bit.