Friday, August 15, 2008

Hot Steamy Arizona

I know, I know, the stereotype is that Arizona is a desert, especially around Phoenix, and that "it's a dry heat." Well, we managed to get here right after a thunderstorm, which has raised the ambient humidity to levels that, coupled with the 100+ degree heat, are sorta "sauna bath."

So here's a little something from the trip so far.

On the bus, I finished the pink hat. I will get Missy A to model it but in the meantime, Sandy obliged. It really is a cute hat...see pics of A in the green one, and substitute pink! The lighting was pretty bad... butyou can get the general idea!



Sandy and Anne were knitting on the bus. Several people told us they wished they had brought their knitting too!

Here's my fabric packets for the mystery quilt. One pack of Bali Pops in Strawberry Fields, and some Bali cheddar batik and sun batik. We could do some cutting tonight if we wanted to... but I'm really tired, so I'm going to finish this post and then get to bed.

I do think I'm going to like the combo, though. I am fighting with ET about how many of the Bali Pops we need to bring home with us.




My roommate is a sweetie. She brought me a packet of Moda squares, and a notepad with quilt designs. I feel like a p iker cause I didn't think to get her anything! One interesting thing is that she just got back from a business trip...which took her to Westover AFB, which happens to be about 1/2 mile from where I grew up! So we had a nice chat about Chicopee.


Another not-great picture taken from the bus window: a wind farm, outside of Palm Springs. Those things are kind of eerie when you see hundreds and hundreds of them marching over the hills...but what a great use of a renewable natural resource!

Okay, for tomorrow you can (hopefully) look forward to some more colorful quilty pics. The hotel has free wi-fi, yay, and so far it's been a really good place to stay. I'll let you know how the beds sleep...

2 comments:

Annette said...

Have fun Marie!

DPUTiger said...

Have a wonderful time and please say hi to all my favorite people for me! :)