Monday, August 11, 2008

Hot Spinner

Time to wind some yarn, and in the interest of full disclosure I am hereby presenting an "action shot" so you can see how I manage to keep the swift moving, while still keeping the bad ankle elevated.

I should take a picture of the position of my ankle when I'm writing this blog post. I'm on the desktop, so the leg is up on the top of the desk, right next to the keyboard. Not too graceful, but still elevated, ya know?

Does make it a little difficult to watch TV, though. Not impossible, and if the swift turns quickly enough, then it interferes less.

Little helper is keeping an eye on things for me. He doesn't try to catch the yarn as it flies by, thank goodness.

By the way, this is the Woodland Sea Silk for the Elvenwood Stole. I made a disheartening discovery yesterday: while I had 2 skeins of this yarn, in the same color, the pattern calls for 3.

Oh, yeah, I got a good deal on the second skein from Little Knits, because the color was discontinued and it was their last skein. So, where to find another one? Well, of course, off to Ravelry! I posted a note on the ISO Board (In Search Of) and within a very short time, I had a link to an online shop that still had it. In celebration of finding it, so quickly and painlessly I might add, I decided to treat myself to an Addi Lace needle to knit this on. Yeah, I know I just got a set of Knit Picks' Harmony tips, but I needed a smaller size. Just a little treat, ok?? Not ET going wild or anything.
Simon is still supervising the yarn winding.

Isn't that color glorious in the flash light? I think it's going to make a gorgeous stole--the color transitions are very subtle.


Okay, mom, time to put the camera away. I think I've been patient enough...

7 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Where there's a will, there's a way!

Good for you, Marie! I love how ingenious you're becoming in working around your injury!

And, yes, that colorway will make a gorgeous shawl!

Annette said...

Cooper and Milo would be all over that yarn action. I'd have to lock them up until I was done. Simon is much more refined.

Congrats on finding the yarn. Gotta love Ravelry.

Madge said...

The rebirth of the swift = yay! And inaugurating it with Sea Silk = wonderful.

Congrats on finding a third skein, too. Elvenwood shall be yours!

Vtknitboy said...

what fun! my kitty helps to. and spinning. you need a ball winder. once you got one, you'll never go back! i don't even use a niddy-noddy anymore. go right from the plied bobbin to the swift. skein up, wash, and leave in skeins til i use them.

cul8r!

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, that is gorgeous yarn. I'm so glad you found your third skein! I can't wait to see it knitted up...

LINDA said...

I think Handmaiden should keep that gorgeous colorway! Happy knitting on Elven!

WendyKnits said...

Lucy sez: Meow, baby!