Tuesday, January 01, 2013

A New Year, A New Accounting


 My lists of WIPs has been updated over there --> on the sidebar, and just for fun I listed as many of my FOs for the year as I could recall. I'm sure there are more, as I seem to recall binding off several things and of course the quilts had a little help from the nice folks at Cloth and Quilts, who longarmed 8 quilts for me. I could get spoiled with this whole quilt-by-check business. Well, except for the "writing the checks" part.

All this accounting is part of my accountability project. I have a LOT of yarn and a LOT of fabric, as well as a LOT of other craft materials and projects around the place. So it really makes a great deal of sense to work on what I have, instead of acquiring new projects and letting the old ones slide.

What a concept, huh?

When I listed the quilts, I made a note of what stage they're in. Hopefully I will be able to remember how to make the necessary changes when I finish something.

And I will finish something. Honest.

For today, I have one project (the Cedar Leaf Shawlette) that I'm going to cast on--it's kind of a tradition with one of my Ravelry/FaceBook groups, a way of affirming that yes, indeed, I dan start and finish something this year. I'm also hoping to finish up another project--Abby's green sweater is only about 5 rows from completion. Which will include weaving in a lot of ends, closing up  the armholes, and sewing on buttons. (Uh oh. Where will I find buttons? Oh yeah...)
So here's a toast to this year's wishes--health, happiness, love and joy and all the good things of life!

PS--Don't know if I've posted much about Shyla before. She came to live with me about a year and a half ago, and she's been a "hidey" kitty for most of that time. She's begun coming out for pets and this week she actually came out and climbed on my lap while I was knitting! Now, if she'd just learn to tolerate HiHi a little more (he has a scabby ear from their latest set-to) we'd have a nice little happy "family." Poor HiHi misses his buddy Simon a lot (well, I do too) and he really wants a cat buddy. 

Maybe that should be Shyla's new year resolution?

2 comments:

DPUTiger said...

Sounds like a good start to the year. I'm trying to do a lot of catching up on my blog before I really account for 2013. Keep chugging forward!

Julia G said...

Love the kittehs, and the WIPs and your blog! We have two adult feline rescue cats, both long hair with big ruffs like Shyla and HiHi, and it really took a couple of years to settle the new fella into his "forever home". He would startle at every noise and could only handle a brief pet. Now he is almost a lap cat - the difference is amazing. Just a lot of love and patience, which it looks like you have aplenty!