Yeah. Funny how a couple of years distance, and feeling a lot better physically and with a clearer mind (now that the year+ of recovery from t he surgery is over) can make even an impossibly flawed project suddenly more doable. This one had a problem with the pink and blue 4-patches. No way I could get them suitably random. Well, duh, no. Because they needed those green ones in between. I had the strips cut for the green ones, so that wasn't too difficult to accomplish.
The pattern (Dandelion Wine from Judy Hopkins' Triangle Free Quiltmaking) only calls for a separator strip on one side of the 4-patches, but I like the look better with 2. So 2 it is. I had a lot of that pink so I cut a few more strips and got them sewn on. Pressing them in 100+ degree weather wasn't the most enticing idea, but hey, the ironing board sits right over the a/c vent for the room, so it was pretty doable. And I got a kick out of the light shining through the strip as it hung over the end of the ironing board.
A teaser of how it will look. Needed a good press (again!) and then I trimmed the ends off evenly.
Whoa! These went together quickly--just a question of matching the ends, centers, and halfway-to-the-center points.
So this was a good project to keep me occupied today. Got a couple of things hanging fire and I feel as jumpy as... well, as me with too many things on my mind!!