Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes!



Posting quickly just to show you the latest progress in the house project. The kitchen is now a shell of its former self--no cabinets, all the layers of flooring removed, and only the refrigerator still in place. Because the water line to the ice maker can't be shut off until the plumber arrives, it has had to stay in place. There was a flood the first night when they found out that little factoid!

By the time I got back from quilting class last night, all the rest of the carpeting was gone (except for a few squre feet in D4's room) and the hardwood flooring exposed. I think it will look very nice once it's been repaired and refinished--there is water damage under most of the windows, for example.

They're bringing in a third bin today to hold the furniture, since that didn't fit into the other two. It's a bit scary having so much "stuff" that it fills three bins of that size! Not to mention all the stuff that left in the big dump truck yesterday... Oh well. It's "stuff" and we'll deal with it. One way or another! My crystal ball sees a humongous yard sale... or a hefty donation to the Goodwill folks... in my future.

(Not my good yarn. Nope. Still loving my yarn.)

I've been impressed with the packers/movers/demolition crew. While they don't have the kind of sense of "what goes together" that I'd like to see, ideally (I mean, who packs four shoes and leaves the four mates alone on the floor? Wouldn't you throw in BOTH green sandals??), I have no complaints about other things.

Today is knitting group, and while my instinct is to hunker down and spend the day playing with Audrey, I'm going to make the effort to get the two of us there. Otherwise I'm going to turn into a hermit, hiding out from everything in my shell of a house!

More pictures on the Flickr page so click on the badge to see. Also do check out Audrey's blog for her latest activities!

2 comments:

Madge said...

Hip hip hooray! Soooo exciting to see the progress being made. Congrats to all for making this happen - especially YOU!

Sheepish Annie said...

Wow! When you do a demo...you really do it! I can't wait to see it all finished. Transforming the living space is so much fun! (when it's done...)