Monday, October 02, 2006

Friends Ask Friends for Help...

...for a good cause! This Sunday, October 8, is the City of Hope Walk for Hope. I'll be walking, along with a couple of daughters and some knitter friends (Hi, Melise! Hi, Gail and Rebecca!) and, if you are so minded, I could use a little help in reaching my fund-raising goal. My page is at http://www.cityofhope.org/fundraising/vfs/15199334/4673 . If you'd prefer to send me some moral support, a comment to that effect will be very welcome!
Cancer research is a cause that is very close to me, and I will be walking in honor of my many friends who have had this disease. Some are still with us, thanks to the ongoing research; others, like my "first best friend" Teddy, aren't. I'll be walking with my knitting--a pink scarf or two, depending on how fast I can walk and knit!--and thinking of them.

Knitting content later--can I really get in three posts in one day? One of my friends has suggested a WIP roll call, so I think it's time to round 'em up and take their pictures! (Maybe that will push me into finally blocking and finishing that MOTW, notoriously elderly UFO!)

No comments: